A lot of people think that muesli cereal is meant for one simple recipe: served in a bowl, with milk. While this certainly is a delicious classic, there are many more ways to prepare muesli! For example, the recipes for muesli bars, acai smoothie bowls and overnight oats all require this special muesli blend. In future blog posts, we’ll explore all of the different ways people are eating this increasingly popular cereal. But for now, let’s focus on vegan muesli cookies!
Muesli Cookies 101
Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
While it feels natural to equate “junk food” with the word “cookie,” it’s worth noting that muesli cookies contain quality whole grains and antioxidant-rich fruit. Furthermore, the nuts and seeds in muesli provide your body with vital healthy fats and other nutrients.
As you look at the muesli cookie recipes below, you’ll notice that some of them call for another company’s brand of muesli. I, of course, recommend ignoring that brand and using the Mu Mu Muesli brand. Mu Mu is one of those rare ethical food companies that uses absolutely NO preservatives, no added sugar, zero GMOs, nor any other sneaky synthetic ingredients.
To enumerate, the fact that seven out of the eight ingredients are from the U.S. makes one love small ethical food companies like Mu Mu Muesli even more.
1. Mu Mu Muesli’s Breakfast Cookie Recipe
I made a batch of Mu Mu Muesli cookies last night, and they were delicious! Now that I’ve tasted tried it out, I can totally vouch for the following muesli cookie recipe in a few different ways:
- First, this recipe is a must for anyone seeking clean eating breakfast ideas for beginners. Believe me, I get it. I often get distracted with complicated recipes. But these muesli cookies are very simple and easy to make!
- This is also the top muesli cookie recipe because Mu Mu Muesli is one of the best, most wholesome breakfast cereals on the market. And I eat this delectable whole grain dish regularly, so I guess I’m sort of a walking testimony to those I live with!
- Since this high fiber cereal comes from ethical, eco-friendly creators, you can rest assured that the money you spend on this grocery item will support the renewal of the natural environment. (Did you know that Mu Mu Muesli cereal comes from a solar-powered facility and arrives at your doorstep in compost-friendly, low waste packaging?) Now this is a move in the right direction!
Without further ado, pictured below is the quick, easy vegan breakfast recipe for Mu Mu Muesli Cookies.
2. Vegan Cherry Chocolate Breakfast Treats
This recipe for muesli cookies is a unique one! Although it’s vegan, Shannon manages to make these cookies shine without a “flax egg” or “chia egg.” Some impressive superfood ingredients are in there, too: coconut sugar, chopped cherries, dark chocolate, and coconut oil.
Since these 3 ingredients are some of the best foods for brain health, this is a really good recipe to increase focus and fight brain fog!
In order to see the full recipe, visit The Glowing Fridge.
3. Soft-Bake Muesli Breakfast Cookies
These soft-bake muesli creations are perfect for vegetarians! You’ll savor their “cake-like” texture as you appreciate the health benefits of its high-powered ingredients list!
4. Muesli Cookies with Nut Butter
I included this vegan breakfast recipe because I really appreciate that these cookies are a high fiber, high protein breakfast option. Additionally, Melissa’s baking instructions are very thorough and easy to understand.
5. Video: Vegan Muesli Cookies Recipe!
Tirza does a fabulous job explaining how to make her special vegan cookies. Enjoy!
6. Eggless Muesli Cookies
Here’s another egg-free recipe! In this particular health food article, it’s cool because the blogger made this recipe as an experiment based on a comment from one of her readers. Spoiler alert: the experiment turned out well!
7. Simple Muesli Snacking Cookies
Warning: Images of these muesli goodies may cause shameless drooling! The texture of these freshly baked goods is en pointe. In fact, after reading the full recipe, you might want to order some muesli ASAP and start baking as soon as possible!
This portable muesli snacking treat is perfect for clean eating on the go. I’m really glad that it’s so beginner-friendly. Since each step of the recipe has a picture and detailed descriptions, it does a good job of “holding your hand through the process.” In other words, it’s the gift you need to get for anyone who feels inadequate in the kitchen. (Including yourself! We’re not all born to be chefs.)
8. Easy Muesli “Any Time Treats”
These high protein muesli treats by Gwen Adams feature mouth-watering ingredients like dark chocolate, sunflower seeds, and dried apricot. Yes, please! Delicious and satisfying.
How to Eat Muesli:
As always, variety is the spice of life!
While these breakfast cookies do contain quite a bit of sugar, they also deliver potent, concentrated nutrition to your bloodstream. In fact, muesli cookies may be a beneficial part of a clean eating meal plan, in moderation. Just make sure these don’t become “everyday foods,” because then you run the risk of excessive sugar consumption.
So far, the Mu Mu Muesli health food blog has shown you how to eat muesli in a variety of ways, including:
- Vegan Smoothie Bowls
- Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Pancake Toppings
- Overnight Oats (aka Bircher Muesli)
- DIY Acai Fruit Bowl Recipes
But there are many more variations to come, so stay tuned!
Readers who enjoyed “8 Muesli Cookies for Vegans on the Go” also enjoyed:
7 Cereals to Avoid: Are You Eating One of These Weed Killer Containing Cereals?
What You DON’T Want to Find in Your Cereal Bowl (Foods to Avoid as Much as Possible)