Pancakes are the quintessential American breakfast food. And the exciting news is that there are 100% organic, ethical and healthy gourmet pancake mixes for sale that will fit perfectly into your clean eating family meal plan! But a heavenly healthy pancake mix is just one part of the equation. Scroll down for a list of the best healthy pancake topping ideas to really bring your breakfast game up a notch!
The Internet’s Greatest Homemade Vegan Nutella Recipe
Creamy chocolate and hazelnut…yum! Nutella is popular for a reason, although the name brand product is quite unhealthy because it has an extremely high sugar and unhealthy fat content per calories. In fact, 60% of its weight is sugar. However, the homemade vegan Nutella recipe below is much better for a clean eating diet. In fact, it has quite a bit of health benefits. (And it’s a great healthy pancake or smoothie bowl topping!)
How to Make Vegan Nutella at Home
This easy vegan recipe for beginners only consists of four ingredients. And it shouldn’t take you more than half an hour to make!
3 Cups Raw Hazelnuts
2/3 Cups of Vegan Dark Chocolate
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- First, roast the hazelnuts so that their oils (which are healthy fats!) start to loosen up.
- Once the skins are visibly loose, use a blender to thoroughly blend and chop the hazelnuts.
- Next, melt the chocolate and add to the ground up hazelnuts.
- Blend the two ingredients together.
Delicious Ways to Eat Your Homemade Nutella
- Spread over fluffy pancakes for an indescribable breakfast experience! Mu Mu Magic pancakes make eating a healthy vegan breakfast fun. (They’are also rich in iron and ultra-heart healthy!)(Check out this list of 17 Healthy Pancake Toppings for more delicious recipes.)
- Another option is to spread it across organic, whole grain toasted Muesli Bread.
- I also like to stir it in with my muesli cereal, as a substitute for milk!
Browse Healthy Pancakes Mix for Sale (Free Shipping)
Health Benefits of Hazelnuts and Dark Chocolate
Hazelnuts have an impression nutrition profile! Check out the following nutrients per ounce:
- 17 grams of healthy fat
- 2.7 grams of dietary fiber
- High in Vitamin E, Thiamin, Manganese, Magnesium, and Copper
- Hazelnuts also have some trace amounts of zinc, vitamin B6, phosphorus, folate, and potassium
- They’re also vital source of antioxidants
Dark Chocolate is also a food with a whole lot of goodness to offer. Check out this summary of the health benefits of dark chocolate:
- Did you know that dark chocolate has more antioxidants than many “superfoods”? It’s true; dark chocolate has more antioxidants than both blueberries and acai berries.
- As mentioned above, dark chocolate is great for your brain! You can read the supporting studies in The Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and the Journal of Hypertension.
- Another benefit of dark chocolate is its ability to reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- In its rawest form, cacao contains high amounts of anandamide, or the “bliss molecule,” as we like to call it at Mu Mu Muesli.
Why You Should Pair this Homemade Vegan Nutella Recipe with Whole Grains
Both hazelnuts and dark chocolate are full of antioxidants, so they help fight damage from oxidative stress. This is a short way of saying they contain nutrients that may help prevent premature aging, cancer, and various other diseases.
However, as described in Harvard T.H. Chan, there are mixed results in the studies about antioxidants and disease prevention. In fact, there are far more conclusive studies at this time supporting the holistic health method of eating whole grains, vegetables, and fruits as the most beneficial form of disease prevention.
So, for maximum holistic nutrition benefits, it makes sense to pair this antioxidant-rich Nutella with whole a grain healthy pancakes mix. Check out Mu Mu Magic, a gourmet pancake mix containing extremely wholesome whole grains like barley, spelt, and oat flours. Yum!
Learn how to make a vegan pancake without eggs or dairy! Our DIY Vegan Pancake Recipe is delicious, simple, and quick.
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli Health Food Blog! People who liked this post also enjoyed:
The Best Brain Boosting Foods for Your Clean Eating Diet
4 Delectable Muesli with Yogurt & Fruit Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas