Vegan smoothie bowl recipes are trending right now, but are they possible on a tight budget? One thing is the potential cost of smoothie bowl ingredients, if you’re following a cheap vegan grocery list. And if you’re like me, you’re also worrying that the smoothie bowls on Instagram and Pinterest are too complex. However, I did a little experimenting and found some delightful tips and tricks.
How to Transition to Vegan Diet + Lifestyle
The Only Guide You’ll Ever Need
Maybe you’re only thinking about becoming a vegan. Or perhaps you have already taken the plunge. Either way, these “how to transition to vegan-ism” clean eating blog post archives are here to help you.
First and foremost, I want to congratulate you on embarking on an exciting new lifestyle change! The benefits of a plant-based diet that is 100% vegan are far-reaching. And they have deep, lasting positive impacts on your life. For example, studies have shown that vegan diets are richer in dietary fiber, essential vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. They can also help you lose weight, reduce your risk for diabetes, and more!
Furthermore, becoming a vegan means becoming a more ethical consumer, since reducing your meat intake can have astounding implications for the health of Mother Earth.
In the archives below, you’ll find:
- Easy Vegan Meals
- Raw Vegan Recipes
- Best Vegan Protein Sources
- Ideas for Gifts for Vegans
- The Essential Vegan Grocery Shopping List for Beginners
Simply scroll through the archives below for simple vegan recipes, tips for plant-based living, healthy eating videos, and tips for going vegan.
How to Transition to Vegan-Ism: Quick Tips
Although you’ll find much a more in-depth in “The Internet’s Greatest Hacks for Becoming a Vegan,” the following are a few quick tips.
- Research. The first step is to educate yourself as much as possible. Read good vegan blogs, follow healthy vegan lifestyle boards on Pinterest, and start collecting easy vegan recipes for beginners. All of these things will make the transition to vegan-ism much easier.
- Line your shelves with vegan foods! I suggest ordering bulk health food online so that you have plenty of food to work with. This is also a good way to cut costs if you’re on a budget.
- Start with healthy vegan breakfasts. If you don’t want to make the switch in one day, you can make it a slow transition over a period of time. At first, just make sure your breakfasts are 100% vegan. Then you can move on to lunch and dinner.
- Eat smaller and smaller portions of non-vegan foods. One way to slowly become a vegan is to gradually phase out non-vegan foods. For example, put half the amount of turkey you would on sandwich as you normally would for a few weeks.
Ordering bulk muesli online will check items 2 and 3 right off your list!
While it’s tempting to try to “play it by ear” and eat whatever vegan foods happen to be available, this isn’t the most sustainable vegan lifestyle choice. This could inadvertently lead to nutritional deficiencies, which are actually quite common in vegans who don’t make a conscious effort to eat a full, well-rounded diet.