Are you ready to supercharge your health through a whole, natural, organic foods diet? Dubbed the “tree of life” in many cultures, the coconut is definitely one of those foods to add to your “must eat” list. In fact, the health benefits of coconut are truly astounding! It’s an incredibly versatile food, so there are many different ways to work it into your diet. It also has amazing benefits for your skin, hair, and body.
If you’ve spent much time on our website, then you know by now that we’re total fans of coconuts. We put coconut flakes in our organic muesli breakfast cereal mix, sprinkle them atop our healthy pancakes, and love recipes for overnight oats soaked in coconut milk.
In contrast to coconut “meat”or coconut oil, coconut water comes from green, young coconuts. It’s a great nutritional source of fiber, protein, carbohydrates, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. It’s also a good plant-based source of calcium!
3 Health Benefits of Coconut Water
It’s quite encouraging to look at the proven ways coconut water can improve your health. Once again, science proves the efficacy of holistic nutrition!
- Weight Loss. One scientific study published in the Journal of Nutrition Review shows that drinking coconut water helps melt away extra pounds around the midsection.
- Prevents Heart Disease. Since extra belly fat often causes cardiovascular issues, it makes sense that drinking coconut water can help prevent heart problems. (Tip: A major cause of belly fat is eating too much sugar, so make sure you aren’t consuming more than the daily recommended intake. In order to learn more, check out What Nobody Tells You About Sugar Health Effects: Your Brain and Belly on Sugar.)
- Helps Pregnant Women. If you’re pregnant, then the benefits of coconut water may be your saving grace. This is because coconut water helps prevent pregnancy-induced UTIs. It’s also chock full of the electrolytes pregnant women need.Furthermore, this “SuperWater” facilitates healthy blood circulation. Blood circulation plays a huge role in pregnancy, considering the fact that the amount of blood in a woman’s body can increase by up to 50%! (Interested in some more pregnancy superfoods? Check out The Astonishing Benefits of Eating Dates During Pregnancy.)
- May Help Prevent Cancer & Other Serious Diseases. Due to the high concentration of antioxidants in coconut water, drinking it daily could prevent your risk of disease. This, of course, is due to the way antioxidants protect you from free radical damage.
Thanks for stopping by! But coconut water is just one piece of the clean eating lifestyle puzzle. For more info on coconuts, check out “8 Ways Coconuts Super Charge Your Health.”
It’s a complete cheat sheet for beginners!
The Mu Mu Muesli breakfast cereal recipe contains organic, unsulphured coconut.
More Coconut Recipes
- Follow Lisa’s step-by-step guide to making homemade coconut milk at home. (It’s an easy vegan recipe for beginners that tastes delicious!)
- In addition to a more in-depth look at coconut water, the articles archived below have tips and recipes for raw coconut “meat,” coconut milk, and coconut oil.
Calling all Pinterest Lovers!
Who doesn’t love Pinterest? And coconut is so versatile and tasty that it’s a pretty love-able food, too. So why not combine the two? Mu Mu Muesli’s Pinterest is designed to make your plant-based diet as easy and fun as possible. There is a whole world of beautiful photography and coconut recipes on our little corner of the internet.
Come check out our Recipes from Coconut board! You’ll find:
- Inspirational coconut videos with easy vegan recipes
- Fun and easy coconut water recipes. Don’t those homemade coconut water Popsicles and smoothies look delicious?
The Mu Mu Muesli food blog is regularly updated. We hope you come again. Thanks for visiting!