What are nonpareil almonds, and why do they matter? You’ll soon have a full understanding of nonpareil almonds, as well as the health benefits of almonds. We’ll also explore healthy almond pasteurization methods versus harmful ones. It’s still hard to believe the kind of chemicals most popular foods come in contact with on a regular basis! Which is exactly why you need to arm yourself with knowledge in order to avoid toxic foods disguised as “health foods.”
How Long Do Almonds Last?
Nonpareil almonds have an amazing set of proven health benefits! There’s a lot to be said for eating them daily. You can get maximum nutrition benefits through recipes containing complimentary ingredients, such as hot muesli or overnight oats. However, it’s always nice to have plain almonds on hand. But then this question inevitably comes up: can almonds go bad?
The Short Answer to Do Almonds Go Bad?
Yes, they do go bad eventually. But they can last up to 2 years if you treat them properly. The secret? It’s all about how you store them.
Since the fatty acids in almonds turn sour when they oxidize, it’s essential to store them in a well-sealed container. It’s best to keep them away from heat, light, and air.
Whether or not you’ve cut your almonds into smaller pieces or left them whole also plays a role. Intact almonds tend to last longer.
Video: How to Store Nuts and Seeds
In the following video, you’ll find some handy tips for storing all of your nuts and seeds. This is a great one to watch if you’re storing a lot of bulk health food at home!
What Are the Benefits of Eating Almonds?
You can read more details in the archives below, but here’s a quick overview of the health benefits of almonds:
- Although this sounds strange, almonds may help with weight loss!
- They also help prevent premature aging and reduce the risk of common diseases in the elderly.
- The magnesium in almonds helps prevent diabetes.
- They may also help lower blood pressure.
- Another benefit of eating almonds is reduced blood pressure.
- Exhausted? Almonds help fight chronic fatigue!
- They’re also full of vitamins that stimulate healthy brain functions.
- And if you want healthy skin and hair, almonds are a must on your grocery list!
- The final benefit is that almonds contain a lot of nutrients that pregnant women need.
Thanks for visiting the Mu Mu Muesli Health Food Blog!
Visit Mu Mu’s online vegan food store for 100% clean foods with FREE shipping.