In this post, you’ll find step-by-step instructions showing you the best vegan pancake recipe without eggs. You’ll also learn where to buy the best vegan protein pancake mix, healthy pancake topping ideas, and answers to many questions related to pancakes and nutrition.
Can Pancake Mix Go Bad?
Yes – but it takes awhile. And there are things you can do to help it last longer, too.
In general, pancake mix goes bad after a year. You can preserve its integrity for up to 11-13 months, as long as you store it in a cool, dark place. After opening a bag, make sure to refrigerate the remaining mix. Once opened, pancake mix is generally good (when kept refrigerated) for about 6 months.
It’s actually good when a pancake mix can goes sour sooner rather than later! This is because the mixes full of artificial preservative aren’t good for you. In fact, they’re especially detrimental to kids. (And what kid doesn’t love a good pancake?!)
According to Harvard Health Publishing, the six worst food additives and preservatives are as follows:
- Nitrates and nitrites, because they mess with the body’s ability to circulate oxygen throughout the body. They also make it harder for the thyroid to do its job. Furthermore, consuming foods with nitrates or nitrites increases the risk for cancer.
- Artificial food coloring is harmful because it worsens attention deficit disorder (ADHD) in children.
- Perchlorate hinders the thyroid, and it also may stunt a child’s brain development. Typically, this chemical is present in dry food packaging.
- Since Bisphenols (BPA) mimic estrogen, a reproductive hormone, exposure may lead to problems with puberty. It can also cause fertility problems, weaken the immune system, and wreak havoc on the nervous system. The United States has banned BPA in children’s plastic cups, but it’s still present in the packaging of many packaged foods.
- Phthalates also act like hormones. They may make the risk for obesity and heart diseases greater. They’re connected to problems with male reproductive development, too.
Why Mu Mu Magic is the Perfect Healthy Pancakes Mix Solution
Mu Mu Magic is Mu Mu’s scrumptious and organic pancakes mix. It contains no added sugar, yet it’s naturally sweet! The blend of hand-ground flours (barley, spelt, and oat) is 100% organic. The additional touch of dried dates and cranberries are super kid-friendly, and they add sugar the way nature intended. This mix contains absolutely no artificial colors, preservatives or flavors.
Even more, Mu Mu Magic pancakes mix is a zero waste product and comes in eco-friendly, biodegradable packaging. This means you can throw the packaging right into the compost bin. (It also means you don’t have to worry about additives lurking in the liners!)
In order to make it last as long as possible, refrigerate after opening.
People who enjoyed this post also loved:
17 Delicious and Healthy Pancake Topping Ideas