Dates are one of nature’s best kept secrets; they’re deliciously sweet, flavorful, and packed full of nutrients. A handful of dried dates by itself makes a great snack, but they’re also quite tasty in creamy yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, muesli, and mixed in with other whole foods. I’ve written this article to clue you in to some major health benefits of eating dates, including basic nutritional advantages, disease prevention, and even how daily consumption can encourage a healthier pregnancy!
Is Your Clean Eating Meal Plan Lacking One of the Most Important Superfoods?
5 Benefits of Eating Dates in the Morning
Yes, it’s true: the time of day brings out a whole new set of Medjool date health benefits!
Nutritionists recommend eating breakfast within the first couple hours of being awake. If you’re in the habit of skipping breakfast, start improving your morning with micro-goals. You don’t have to eat a full-fledged breakfast right away. But for the sake of your health, try to at least eat something small and nutrient-dense.
- For example, eat an apple or even a muesli breakfast cookie. If you don’t like solids, a liquid acai smoothie is a good place to start!
- Eating (or drinking) nutritious foods in the morning “wakes up” your metabolism and fuels your body’s internal systems, preparing you for a day full of vitality and wellness.
5 Benefits of Eating Dates in the Morning
1. The blend of sugars (sucrose, glucose, and fructose) found in dates provide a quick boost of energy. Since dates are a low-glycemic index food, they don’t cause insulin levels to suddenly surge and then dramatically plummet. In other words, eating Medjool dates in the morning provides energy without the sluggish consequences of so many sugary foods.
2. There are 7 grams of dietary fiber per 100 grams of Medjool dates, and this is another great natural energy booster. The fiber enables your to body absorb glucose into the bloodstream more slowly, which helps prevent a “sugar crash” later on.
3. Furthermore, medjool dates are rich in vitamins that help improve concentration. This means enhanced focus as soon as you jump into the start of your work day!
These 6 Important Nutrients in Medjool Dates are Good for Your Brain
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
4. The insoluble dietary fiber is an incredible weight loss tool because it keeps you feeling full long after you eat. This means you won’t be as tempted to indulge in mid-morning snacks.
This type of fiber also enhances the health of your gut and promotes healthy digestion. Since the health of your gut microbiome literally affects all aspects of your health, eating healthy fiber daily can really improve your immune system!
When focusing on how insoluble fiber helps you in the morning, the main advantage is that it essentially tells your brain that you feel full longer. This helps weight loss, since it encourages you to eat less and still feel satisfied.
5. When you eat dates every morning, you’re simply adding one more small habit to your morning skin care regimen. Skincare products are useful for maintaining healthy, glowing, clear skin. But did you know that your diet is an equally important factor in skin care?
It’s true! The antioxidants in dates help prevent free radical damage, thus preventing wrinkles and fine lines from forming. Furthermore, the vitamins and minerals found in dates promote a healthy complexion.
3 Clear Skin Nutrients in Medjool Dates
- Your body converts the Vitamin C in dates to something called hyaluronic acid. This helps your body produce more collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are essential parts of a healthy skin structure.In other words, the Vitamin C encourages healing – whether you struggle with acne scars or age spots – of all kinds.
- Another beneficial nutrient in dates is selenium. Selenium helps fight acne and prevents breakouts. It, too, fights free radical damage.
- One 100-gram serving of Medjool dates contains 14% of the daily recommended intake of magnesium. Magnesium is a clinically proven treatment for acne!
These 5 benefits of eating dates in the morning are just the tip of the iceberg! In the vegan food blogs archived below, you’ll discover plenty of easy vegan recipes, plus more science-backed healthy eating facts.
Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes Featuring Medjool Dates
Medjool dates are raw, wholesome, and taste just fine by themselves. But eating the same thing everyday can get old very fast, and it’s also healthier to eat a wide variety of foods. Luckily, there are plenty of easy ways to fit Medjool dates into your diet. And the best part is, many of them are breakfast foods!
8 Vegan Breakfast Recipes with Medjool Dates
- Muesli & Yogurt Parfait
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- Date Paste (Great as a pancake topping or natural sweetener for coffee)
- Overnight Oats (Using Mu Mu Muesli Mix)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Date Bar (Contains no added sugar!)
- Creamy Almond Date Coconut Bars
- Basic Oatmeal topped with Muesli
- Rich & Creamy Cacao Date Smoothie
Thanks for stopping by! As always, we love to hear from you. Leave a comment or question in the box below. And don’t forget to tempt your taste buds at our vegan food store! Explore all our muesli options as well as the pancakes brought to you by Mu Mu Muesli.