The benefits of hemp seeds are far-reaching, extending to both physical and mental health. Mike and I just recently started adding hemp seeds to our usual homemade coconut milk that we have with our Mu Mu, and we have found such an increase in our energy and brain focus that I had to share this with you all!
I will include our new delicious Coconut Infused Milk recipe at the end, after I go over a few of the amazing things that hemp seeds can do for you!
Hemp is considered a “superfood,” and for many good reasons. All Hemp foods start with Hemp seeds and Hemp seeds are unique because they contain many of the nutrients needed to maintain a super healthy diet. Hemp seeds contain a nearly perfect balance of omega 3 to omega 6, plus iron, vitamin E, and ALL of the essential amino acids. **Nutritionists call omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids “essential” fats for a good reason. The human body needs them for many functions, from building healthy cells to maintaining brain and nerve function. Our bodies can’t produce them. The only source is food.
MORE PROTEIN MEANS MORE ENERGY!!
Hemp foods are an excellent source of protein for everyone, not just vegetarians and vegans! its proteins are easier to digest than animal proteins and, because it requires far less carbon concentration, it’s easier on the environment.
HEMP IS GOOD FOR YOUR BODY
- Improves energy levels-we have totally found this to be true!
- Boosts metabolic rate
- Supports healthy cell growth
- Lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol levels
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Supports healthy cardiovascular (heart) function
- Supports the immune system
- A powerful anti-inflammatory; soothes inflammation and conditions like arthritis
- Promotes muscle repair and recovery after exercise
- Helps to build lean muscle
- Assists with weight loss and management
- Supports skin, hair and joint health
Hemp Seeds Are Good for Your Mind
The Omega fatty acids in hemp are good brain boosters for:
- Improving brain function and focus
- Reducing symptoms of ADD and ADHD
- Protecting the brain against age-related memory loss
- Reducing and combating the symptoms Alzeheimer’s, dementia, and Parkinson’s diseases
Now That You Know the Amazing Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds!
How Do You Eat Them?
The seeds may be eaten whole or shelled, raw or toasted, plain or flavored. An increasing variety of hemp food products are appearing on store shelves!
Here are a few ways we love to eat hemp seeds:
- Buying bulk bags of organic shelled hemp seeds from Nutiva (They have a variety of bulk sizes, and you can also look for them at your local food co-op.)
- Sprinkle them on soups or salads, which adds a delicious nutty flavor
- Adding them to coconut milk or green smoothies
In this video, you can see how to make EASY coconut milk at home. Alternatively, you can try this revised edition with hemp seeds.
HOMEMADE COCONUT HEMP MILK (BEKAH’S SPECIAL BLEND)
- 2 cups organic, unsweetened, medium shredded coconut
- 6 cups warm/hot water
- 1/3 cup raw hemp seeds
- Dash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
Blend the coconut and water on high for one minute. Next, strain through a nut bag to get the pulp out. Pour this mixture back into the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend again on high speed for about a minute.
And now you have the most delicious homemade milk on earth!
We’ve noticed a huge increase in sustained energy level, as well as enhanced ability to focus since we started adding this drink to our daily ritual!
YAY HEMP SEEDS!