It’s time to put some new and delicious pancake topping ideas to the test. The combinations are sweet, savory and crowd-pleasing recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s no secret that we love pancakes around here. From breakfast to dessert, there’s never a bad time to sit down to a short (or tall) stack of healthy MuMu pancakes.
Of course, our pancakes are full of flavor all on their own, thanks to our organic blend of whole grains, oats and dried fruits. But who doesn’t love to top their flapjacks with sweet and savory toppings!
Butter and maple syrup aren’t the only delicious ways to decorate our pancakes. Here are our other favorite pancake topping ideas to wake up your taste buds in a new way.
Sweet Pancake Topping Ideas
Let’s start with the sweet stuff. From fruit to dessert-worthy toppings, here’s some pancake inspiration to please your sweet tooth:
- Fresh berries + whipped cream. Use strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or anything in season. You can even make your own whipped cream! For a plant-based option, make light-as-air whipped coconut cream.
- Chocolate sauce. Use store-bought sauce or make your own without any dairy.
- Candied nuts. Walnuts, sesame seeds, almonds, or any of your favorite nuts add crunch and healthy fats to your pancakes.
- Chia pudding. Make smooth, creamy chia pudding as a healthy pancake topper with fiber and satiating fats.
- Jam. Use any fruit jam you love to add sweetness and color to your stack of pancakes.
- Pumpkn puree. You can add a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for a warming pancake topper.
- Caramelized apples. Cook diced apples n a bit of butter with a sprinkle of brown sugar for a pancake topping ideas that tastes like apple pie.
- Yogurt. Use regular or vegan yogurt with a sprinkle of MuMu Muesli for a satisfying and healthy breakfast (or dinner!)
Savory Pancake Topping Ideas
If you’d rather go savory than sweet with your pancakes, you’ll love these topping suggestions:
- A fried egg. This adds protein and fat to keep you full and satified.
- Roasted or sauteed vegetables. Cook up your favorite veggies, like caramelized onions and mushrooms or roasted squash, for a healthy, plant-based topping.
- Pesto sauce. You can make your own easy pesto sauce that’s vegan or not. It adds refreshing, herby flavor and umami to the plate.
- Roasted tomatoes. Tomatoes turn jammy and the flavor concentrates beautifully, making them an easy and delicious vegan pancake topper.
- Kimchi or other fermented products. Sauerkraut and kimchi are both naturally saucy, savory toppings for pancakes. The probiotics in fermented foods are great for gut health, too!
- Savory yogurt sauce. Try making tzatziki, curried yogurt or any other seasoned yogurt on your flapjacks.
- Melted cheese. You can use any gooey melted cheese you like, or make vegan cheese with cashews.
If you’re ready to start piling fluffy pancakes with your favorite toppings, get our organic pancake mix delivered to your door ASAP!