Looking for quick easy vegan recipe ideas for beginners? Making homemade coconut milk is remarkably easy, so it’s a great option even when you’re just starting the “clean eating” lifestyle. So, even if you’re a newbie to the whole “homemade foods” thing, you have totally got this. There are just a few simple steps. To begin, I recommend first watching the easy video tutorial below. It’s a very basic “How to Make Coconut Milk” guide for beginners. Below that, you’ll find a handy shopping list with printed instructions, as well as inspiring coconut milk recipes.
- Amazing Health Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
- Healthy Eating Video #1: Step-by-Step Tutorial for Making coconut Milk
- How to Infuse Homemade Coconut Milk with Hemp Seeds for Maximum Nutrition
- Top Vegetarian Coconut Milk Recipes
8 Amazing Health Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is extremely nutritious. The following is a list of the top eight health benefits.
- Coconut milk lowers bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It’s also great for making your hair and skin look healthier!
- If you struggle with a weak immune system, coconut may help your body be more resilient to sickness and disease.
- Although many people suffer from IBS, the ingredients in coconut milk have been shown to improve digestive health.
- This is also a great food for brain health. It enhances memory, and it helps prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- If you’re an athlete, then this final benefit is especially important for you! Coconut milk is a great naturally hydrating sports drink full of electrolytes.
FAQ: How Many Calories in Coconut Milk?
There are 551 calories in one cup of coconut milk. While this is a lot, there are a lot of nutrients packed in there!
In order to avoid taking in too many calories, use coconut milk in recipes rather than drinking a full cup. For example, you can use 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of coconut milk with a bowl of muesli. It’s also a popular ingredient in smoothie bowls, but a much smaller amount is used.
Making Coconut Milk at Home
In this short video, Lisa shows how fast and easy it is to make organic coconut milk at home. In reality, the process is quite simple. All you really need is a blender, unsweetened coconut, a nut bag, and warm water. Even though it’s easy, the end result is heavenly! Pure coconut milk has an amazing nutritional profile.
Tip: Shake before each use.
Related: The Life-Changing Health Benefits of Coconut
This is a must for anyone looking for easy vegan recipes for beginners!
The Magical Power of Hemp Seed Infusion
Homemade coconut milk is full of amazing health benefits already. But when you add hemp seeds, you’re really upping the ante!
Both hemp seeds and coconut:
- Are full of healthy fats
- Improve focus and concentration
- Help prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and dementia
- Great natural food sources for long-lasting energy
Read more about the health benefits of hemp seeds here!
Top Vegetarian Coconut Milk Recipes
Homemade coconut milk is just the beginning. The next part is the most fun! Now you get to play around with various vegan/vegetarian recipes that use coconut milk.
- How to Make Coconut Milk Kefir
- List of Vegetarian Coconut Milk Drink Recipes
- Dessert Recipes from Coconut
- Easy Coconut Cake Recipe
Stay Tuned for More Healthy Eating Videos with Recipes!
This first video is just the tip of the iceberg. You can find more at the Mu Mu Muesli YouTube channel, which is full of delightful, artsy, and informative clean eating videos!
People who liked this Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe Blog post also read:
The Martha Stewart-Inspired Fast Easy Vegan Salad Recipe
30 Amazing Natural Sugar Foods for a Low Glycemic Index Diet