Are you looking for a basic oatmeal recipe that’s easy, quick, and as healthy as possible? If so, you’re exactly where you need to be! Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions, a video tutorial, and clean eating tips galore. And, of course, the secret ingredient that’s missing in most oatmeal recipes. Bon Appétit!
The One Thing That’s Missing From Your Basic Oat Meal Recipe: Overview
- Mu Mu’s Simple Oatmeal Recipe [Includes Video Demo!]
- Muesli vs Oatmeal (And Why Knowing the Difference Matters)
- 3 Tips to Make Your Oatmeal as Tasty as Possible
- Why Choose the Mu Mu Muesli Brand?
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Making Mu Mu’s Quick & Simple Oatmeal Recipe
The main difference in this oatmeal recipe is that it calls for muesli cereal instead of plain oats. You’ll soon see why this is so important as part of a healthy eating diet! (Especially if you eat oatmeal for the weight loss and heart-healthy benefits!)
- 1 cup of Mu Mu Muesli breakfast cereal (FREE shipping!)
- 2 cups of milk* or water
- Fresh or frozen fruit (optional)
- Natural sweetener (optional)
- Heat up milk or water on the stove
- Add muesli and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring periodically
- Remove from heat
- Add some frozen blueberries and rejoice!
Optional: Top with a natural sweetener like real maple syrup, and add your favorite oatmeal toppings
More Ideas for Health Oatmeal Toppings:
- Frozen acai berries
- Banana Slices
- 100% Dark chocolate nibs or chips
- Fresh apple slices
- Chia, hemp, or flax seeds
- Organic nut butters
Tip: You can also peruse our list of low-glycemic index fruits for more ideas!
Even though the recipe above calls for coconut milk, you can really use any kind of milk or even water, if you’d like. This makes it fabulous for vegans, vegetarians, and various other diets!
Oatmeal vs Muesli:
Why Muesli is Better
So, what makes muesli cereal a better candidate than plain oats? Plenty of reasons!
Many popular breakfast brands make cereals, bars, and instant oatmeal mixes that they market as “health foods.” However, this often can’t be further from the truth! For instance, most granola is laden with artificial sweeteners, oils, GMOs, and other synthetic additives. Furthermore, some of the most popular name brand cereals contain an ingredient called glyphosate, which is a popular ingredient in weed killer.
- Granola vs Muesli (And Why Not Knowing the Difference Could Affect Your Health)
- Are You Eating One of These 7 Weed-Killer Containing Cereals?
- What You Don’t Want to Find in Your Cereal Bowl
4 Oatmeal Hacks:
How to Make Your Oatmeal as Tasty as Possible
Want mouth-watering oatmeal? Use the following tips to make the most succulent oatmeal possible!
1. Many people prefer the taste of oatmeal with milk instead of water. Milk definitely adds adds a creamer profile. It also increases the protein content. (Although Mu Mu’s organic muesli mix is already a good source of protein!)
2. But remember not to let the milk get too hot, since boiled milk can start to curdle. Instead, warm it up until it simmers.
3. This one’s for anyone who dislikes easily-avoidable time spent scrubbing the bottom of a dishpan. (Translation: everyone!) Here’s how to avoid that:
- If you’re using water, then remember to turn the heat down a notch while cooking. If it starts to boil, turn down the heat a little and wait. Once it’s had a chance to stop bubbling like crazy, add the muesli mix. The key here is to use let your liquid simmer, not boil.
- This makes clean-up easier because boiling water can cause the mixture to from forming an impenetrable layer of muesli from fusing to the bottom of the pan!
4. Are you a collector of high protein vegan breakfast foods? It’s easy to add even more protein today, due to this basic oatmeal recipe with toppings like nut butters and nuts.
Why Choose the Mu Mu Muesli Brand?
Fair question! There are three overarching reasons. First, this is one of the healthiest muesli brands on the market. And since it’s an eco-friendly, ethical brand, you know your purchase is making a positive impact. (Rather than supporting a company that uses ethically questionable methods that harm the environment and are unfair to farmers!)
Here’s what Big Lew Has to Say:
Mu Mu Muesli Health Benefits
The Mu Mu Muesli brand mix is especially healthy because it is non-GMO, glyphosate free, and contains no added sugar. In fact, the creators of this cereal were inspired to create Mu Mu because they couldn’t find delicious muesli with a wholesome nutritional value anywhere in the United States!
This delicious cereal brand is high in dietary fiber and healthy fats, and it also helps you feel energized longer. In other words, it’s a good brain-booster, helps if you’re trying to lose weight, and is excellent for regulating cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
While plain oats are healthy too, it’s the seven additional ingredients that increase these health benefits. These add holistic nutrition benefits that oats alone just don’t have.
Here’s what Molly has to say:
Mu Mu Muesli Ingredients List
- Whole Rolled Oats
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Whole Grain Red Wheat Flakes
- Toasted Nonpareil Almonds
- Flax Seeds
The raisins and cranberries contain sunflower seed oil.
This is an Ethical Muesli Brand That Cares About People and the Planet
And by ethical brands we mean brands that are created by companies which truly care about the society they belong to, its laws and its living beings. Here we’re not talking about companies that only do so for gaining new clients or some sort of competitive advantage.The Branding Journal
Here’s how Mu Mu Muesli strives to be this kind of brand:
As the saying goes, “with every dollar you spend you’re casting a vote for how you want the world to be.” Check out how Mu Mu strives to respect the earth and others!
- Domestic ingredients reduce the carbon footprint! Everything is sourced right here in the United States, except for the organic coconut. This is certified fair trade from Sri Lanka.
- Each tin tie bag is 100% biodegradable and the liners are made of a corn based plastic so you can put it all in the compost heap!
- Buy in bulk and save the green! You can buy bulk quantities of 5 lbs, 12.5 lbs, and 25 lbs.
- Hurray for sun power! The Mu Mu Muesli facility uses clean solar energy.
Cheers to Healthy, Delicious Breakfast Foods!
Our Basic Oatmeal Recipe with Muesli is Just the Beginning
Oatmeal with plain oats is fine. But muesli oatmeal is absolutely delectable. And in terms of health benefits, it’s winning!
Whether you’re a regular or first timer, I’m thrilled that you’re here. Before trying Mu Mu Muesli, I personally didn’t know what it was like to love a cereal brand. But this purely delightful mix won me over immediately!
I hope you’ll try it out, whether you try out our basic oatmeal recipe or simply use the good old milk and cereal combo.
Do you have any other tips for making the tastiest oatmeal possible? I hope you’ll let us know in the comments section below!
Follow us on Pinterest so that you can stay up to date on healthy vegan and vegetarian recipes and find new clean eating tips!